To all of you who came out for the LICCB work party on Sunday April 29 — a great big THANK YOU!!
Dear Bob, Clemeth, Danika, David, Dedric, Edward, Ezra, Johana, John, Keith, Larry, Maura, Priscilla, Richard, Steve, Steve, Ted, Wes (we’re working from the sign-in list plus memory — we apologize to anyone whose name is not listed!),
Thanks to all of you, much was accomplished! Of note:
- Canoes washed, repaired, loaded on trailer ready for the Great Bronx River Flotilla this Saturday
- Bowlines fabricated and attached to all of our canoes and kayaks
- Ocean Kayak seats inventoried and organized — we have enough, yay!
- 3 new pairs of paddle hangers installed
- Paddles matched, inventoried, organized. Oh, oh, we don’t have enough to use all of our kayaks at once. We’ll have to get busy raising funds so we can buy another dozen or so paddles.
- All the kayak carts inspected, tightened, tires pumped up — ready for use
- Complete inventory of parts needed for the Ocean Kayaks. We have to raise some funds for purchase of straps, plugs, handles to make our boats complete
- Changing room cleared out, thoroughly cleaned. Still need to figure out a decent light in there, and add benches, shelf, hooks — but at least it’s useable as a changing room and better than it’s ever been.
- Smoker (storage room) cleared out, organized, functional.
- LOTS OF JUNK thrown out!!!!
By the end of the day the boathouse and boats were declared in good shape to start the on-water events of 2012. We’re ready!
THANK YOU to all of you who gave up a big part of your weekend, rolled up your sleeves, and made all this happen. We look forward to having you come out for some great kayaking with LICCB this season.