Summer 2012 Season is Underway! Your Long Island City Community Boathouse is on the water, up and down the river, and making waves with community-sponsored human-powered boating. Here’s how you can get involved:
- Check the Calendar for Hallets Cove public walk-up paddling dates and commit to a contribution of time and energy from now until October (11 dates left!)
- Pick a paddling/boating/leadership skill you’d like to acquire or perfect and find a mentor at LICCB.
- Spread the word! If you’ve had a great experience, bring friends to volunteer and/or paddle with you.
- Share your photos and brief event summaries on our Facebook page!
- Sign up for the newsletter to make sure you hear about opportunities to get involved and have fun with us.
- Offer your other skills and talents–graphic artistry, sign making, photography, web tech skills. Every bit helps.
- Show up with a great attitude and a can-do spirit! We absolutely welcome your positive energy.
Thank you for all you do. With your efforts, LICCB is off to another great season; building community, fostering stewardship, and collaborating in the efforts to green our shores and blue our waters.
See you out there in the harbor!