New! Visit our Environmental Stewardship page and join in our fun and important work.
Oyster Gardening at Anable Basin with LIC Community Boathouse
Citizens Water Quality Testing
Request a Trip-
To request space on one of our trips please complete the trip request form. For the complete schedule of trips please view our calendar. Space available on each trip is limited. Trip selections are made via random lottery. For more information on the programs we offer please read below.
- Meet our volunteer greeters at the street level. Last sign-in is 30 minutes prior to the session closing time.
- Read and sign a waiver. Minors’ waivers must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Receive a hand stamp and wait in line at the gate.
- One of our volunteers will call you to the beach, assist you in choosing a Personal Flotation Device and paddle, and assign you a boat. Singles may be paired with another paddler, or (on request) with one of our experienced volunteers. Children under 16 must be paired with an adult.
- Paddle responsibly within the boundaries established by our buoys and patrol boats, and have fun!
- Return to the beach after 20 minutes (if there is no line you may take a second 20 minute tour).
- Kindly return paddles and PFD’s to their places by the seawall and leave the beach promptly so that we can accommodate the next paddlers.
It may be necessary to cancel on any given day due to dangerous weather, unsafe water quality or other unforeseen circumstance. If cancellation is necessary, notice will be posted by 12 o’clock noon on our Calendar and on our voice hotline, (718) 228-9214.
Volunteers are always welcome and appreciated. Volunteering at Hallets Cove is fun, easy and rewarding! No prior experience is necessary. If you want to volunteer on the spot, just speak with any of our volunteers and begin at once! If you’re interested in volunteering at future events you may leave your contact info at our greeting table or introduce yourself and make your interest known via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers help us move boats and equipment between our Boathouse (4601 Fifth St at 46th Ave) and Hallets Cove, and receive priority for the delightful 2-mile paddle on the East Passage waterway.
|View Calendar||Request a paddle to Hallets Cove||How to Prepare|
|View Calendar||Request a Trip||How to Prepare|